2017-2018 Chinese Government Scholarship Program
Northeast Forestry University
The applicants should send their applications in time to the School of International Education and Exchanges Northeast Forestry University beforeApril 30, 2017.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
2. Education background required and age limit:
Applicants for master degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of35;
Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of40.
3. Excellent results in study.
4. Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
Note: The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship.
ⅢDetails of the Scholarship
1. Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, internship fee, fee for basic learning materials and on-campus accommodation fee;
2. Per yearCNY 800 Yuanfor Comprehensive Medical Insurance;
3. Monthly living allowance is granted to the students at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
Master degree candidate:CNY 3000 Yuan
Doctoral degree candidate:CNY 3500 Yuan
1. The students are required to cover the expenses for experiments or internship, which exceeds the teaching arrangements of NEFU.
2. The living allowances will be allotted monthly to the students from the time of registration at the NEFU. The new students who register before 15th (15th included) of the registration month will enjoy the whole amount of living allowance of that month; those who register after the 15th will get that of a half month. Graduates will get the living allowances till 15 days after the graduation date set by NEFU. The scholarship will be terminated from next month for the students who suspend their studies, quit or graduate from NEFU. The students are entitled to living allowance during the vacation period arranged by the university. The living allowance, which students didn’t get in time as the departure for vacation, can be refunded when they are back to school. The living allowances will be stopped for one month for the students who do not register on time without permission from the ISC beforehand, leave with non-health reasons or are absent from the university over a month.
3. Scholarship students who have to suspend their education for illness should return to their home country for further treatment and rest. The international travel expenses of returning and coming back should be paid for their own. The students, who are allowed by the school authority to suspend their education, can remain their scholarship. The scholarship status will be reserved one year at the most; however, the monthly living allowance will be stopped during the suspension of education. The scholarship status of the students who suspend their education for reasons other than illness will be terminated.
4. Comprehensive Insurance for International students in China refers to the Comprehensive Medical Insurance insured by Chinese Educational Ministry for the scholarship students in China. The institution is entitled to ask for compensation on the payment receipts from the insurance company for the expenses generated from hospitalizing for serious diseases or from accidental injury according to the stipulated insurance articles. The insurance company does not accept individual claims.
ⅣCategories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
Categories of Applicants
Duration of Major Studies
Duration of Remedial Chinese Language Studies
Duration of Scholarship
Master’s Degree Students
Doctoral Degree Students
V Application materials
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate) and pay for the material assessment fee.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship. Those who are available for online application shall fill in and print the application form after submitting online.
I The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available athttp://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina
II Please chose theProgram Category Type B
IVNEFU University No is10225
VOnline application time:From 1stDecember, 2016
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they should provide pre-graduation certificate or employment certificate.
3. Transcripts (notarized photocopy in English or Chinese).
4. A study or research plan (no less than 800 words).
5. Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors.
6. Passport copy.（Valid not later than Feb.28, 2018）
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination result is generally valid for 6 months.
8. Please attach the language abilities certificate in the application materials
NOTICE: Applicants should submit the paper application materials with remittance receipt. Whether admitted or not, paper materials will not be returned. Please inform us promptly if the materials cannot be sent in time. All documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order of 6.1 to 6.8. You should submit TWO sets of bound documents.
VI Teaching Language
All doctoral degree programs are taught in English or Chinese. Master’s degree programs are generally taught in Chinese. Applicant with no command of Chinese is required to take one-year Chinese language course. For English-taught programs, applicant whose native language is not English should submit an English-proficiency score, a score of at least 600 on the TOEFL Internet-based exam or 6.0 on the IELTS.
VII Approval and Notification
1 .NEFU will review all the application materials and is authorized to make necessary adjustments on specialties and duration of study. The application will be seen as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or are incomplete.
2. Applicants are encouraged to contact the professor prior to application and please enclose the relevant admission or recommendation letter if there is.
3. Scholarship applicants accepted by NEFU will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with endorsement from CSC and submitted toMOE for the record.
4. Applicants are not permitted, in principle, to change their supervisors, specialties, institutions, or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
5. NEFU will send Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the relevant dispatching authorities by July 31, so as to have these documents forwarded to the awardees.
6. Applicants who cannot register before September 30 are regarded as giving up the scholarship.
VIII Contact us
Li Chao TEL:+86-451-82192454 E-MAIL:firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 0086-451 -82192451 Post Code: 150040 Website:http://siee.nefu.edu.cn
Add:The School of International Education and Exchanges Northeast Forestry University,
No.26 Hexing Street, Xinagfang District, Harbin,P.R.China, Postcode: 150040
Please mark clearly “CSC Scholarship Application” in the email subject or on the envelope.
TheSchool of International Education and Exchanges Northeast Forestry Universitywill keep the Explanation authority for this brochure.
School of International Education and Exchanges
Northeast Forestry University