Northeast Forestry University President Scholarship for Outstanding Foreign Students
Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals, hold valid passport and fulfill the following requirements;
1. Be friendly to China, respect the social traditions and customs;
2. Excellent results in study and have good academic performance;
3. Be in good health and don’t have any criminal acts;
4. Applicants for bachelors’ degree must have graduated at high school and applicants for master degree studies must have bachelors’ degree or have the equivalent level of degree;
5. Language requirements:
a) For Chinese-taught programs, HSK certificate should be obtained. Applicants majoring in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Economics, Management and Art should pass HSK Test Level 4 or those majoring in Literature and Laws should pass HSK Test Level 5.
b) For English-taught programs, bachelors should get no less than 6.0 in IELTS or 80 in TOEFL and graduate students should get no less than 6.5 in IELTS or 95 in TOEFL;
Ⅱ. Application Documents
Applicants should submit 2 copies of application documents (in English or Chinese) to SIEE before April 30th.
1. Northeast Forestry University Presidential Scholarship Application Form（Online application: http://nefu.chiwest.cn);
2. Notarized highest diploma;
3. Academic transcripts; (notarized Chinese or English translations)
4. Two Recommendation Letters;
5. Study Plan or Research Proposal (no less than 800 words in English or Chinese);
6. Copy of valid passport
7. HSK Certificates, TOEFL, IELTS or other English level certificates;
8. Published papers, awards or other documents;
9. Foreigner Physical Examination Form
Note: The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
10. Certificate of Clearance.
11. Financial guarantee materials for studying in China
Ⅲ Scholarship Standard
The scholarship is open to self-financed international students who apply for the undergraduate or Master’s Programs. The scholarship period is one year and the award standard is as follows:
First-class: exempt from tuition fee, accommodation fee;
Second-class: exempt from tuition fee;
Third-class: 50% deduction of tuition fee.