1. International students usually need X or F visa to register in university program. Students who study in China over six months should use form JW201 or JW202, registration notice andPhysical Examination Record for Foreignerto have X1 visa, while international students who study no more than six months need to use form JW201 or JW202 and registration notice to have X2 visa. Students who study in China with group should use invitation letter to apply for F visa.
Address: Harbin Entry-Exit Administration Bureau
Jing Wei First Street, Harbin.
Work Hours: Monday to Friday. 8:30-11:30 am, 1:30-4:30 pm.
2. After entering China, international students should go to nearer police station to haveAccommodation Registration Form for Foreignerswithin 24 hours. Oversea students who have X visa must go to local police station to go through residence permit within 30 days.
3. The validity period for residence permit (no more than passport expiry date) cannot be more than 6 years. Scholarship students will depend on the term of their scholarship. Self-financed students will depend on the period that their tuition fees cover. International students must leave China before their residence permit expires. International students who want to continue their study need to go through their extension before the due date of their residence permit.
4. If international students need to go out of the country (including going to Hong Kong and Macao) within validity period of their residence permit, they should go to Student Affairs Section at School of International Education and Exchanges to register.
5. International students should contact Student Affairs Section 10 to 15 days before their visa expires to have their extensions.
If due to personal reason they cannot extend their visa and handle residence permit procedure, international students should cover all the fees themselves and have full responsibility for their visa expiration. Students who study in China should make sure that their visa is valid (if they have any confusion, please bring passport to ask). If visa is expired and international students still stay in China, public security agency will punish those international students based on law.
6. If foreigners have X visa but not apply for residence permit within 30 days, have L visa and F visa already expired but not apply for extensions, and have residence permit expired but not ask for extend, those actions all violate Chinese law, which constitute the crime of illegal detention. For the foreigners who have illegal detention, public security agency will give severe punishment. Normally foreigners should have 500 RMB as penalty per day (total amount will no more than 5000 RMB), or take into custody three to 10 days. If the circumstances are serious, foreigners will be ordered to leave China.
7. If international students need to transfer into another city, they should go to former residence to go through emigration formalities. When they arrive in a new city, they should go to local exit-entry administration to go through immigration formalities within 10 days.
8. If international students need to exit temporarily during their study period, they should go through re-entry procedure before their leaving. If international students still want to continue their study in China after their visas or residence permit expire, they must go through their extension procedure before their due date on visa and residence permit. If they don’t extend their due date on time, Public Security Agency will execute according to the Article78 of .Law of People’s Republic of China on Administration of Entry and Exit.